Thursday, September 19, 2013

In My Memories

Some promises are meant forever.

photo: Angel Mae

As I sat alone on an empty chair
Gently listening to a very familiar song
Thinking back how you sing it not too long
Realizing... reminiscing one sweet affair.

Oh! those nostalgic days
You and I shared
Thinking nothing, but to have our ways
Happiness... the heaven declared.

Yes, I really miss many things
Your embrace that holds me close to your heart.
Where passion mysteriously clings,
And your mesmerizing kiss that tells me not to depart.

Since the first time our eyes met
Every moment of it, I cannot forget
Yet there is one experience I do regret
Letting your request prevailed is a great mistake.

You told me we‘ve to lock the past
And it is best the we remain apart
You also said, I will always be in your future
And that I will always have your heart.

I will never forget those parting words
I believe truth lives in each spoken word.
A never-ending love that forever be spoken
And a love that will never be forgotten.

Hence, each time I see morning dews
I will whisper 'I love you.'
I know those words will reach you
Because you believe, my whispers are true.

14 comments:

  1. Maybe not all love stories aren't meant to be Papaleng. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anna Papaleng. This poem reminds me of someone, and the thought of him disturbs me a lot for the past few days... better stop my comment here na papaleng, baka ano pa masabi ko. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is indeed a great and true novel. sometimes we thought that we are meants for someone yet we end up with others. however friendship grows and that's what matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is very sad poem somehow =( though it is very written nicely and you did a great job with this! great blog poems for inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem also reminds me of somebody that I used to know, and I would not want to remember all those days... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, i could feel the pain of being told we are best to be apart, so beautifully written again, Donald.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very sweet, my favorite is the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nakakaiyak naman ito! Reminiscing the bittersweet memories of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is perhaps because
    we both want to
    keep this distance,
    closeness will bring us apart instead...
    it is perhaps because
    i whispered you left...
    hearing "I love you" was just too much.

    wla lang, miss ko din tumula eh :P :) great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's why I don't listen to promises, as I Know promises are made to be broken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww sad ending naman.. sometimes being apart is the best for some relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someday, the right person will come and that will change everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, very well written poem...so profound. :)

    ReplyDelete